9.12.2013

Sketches / Mock Up

Here are some of my original drawings in preparation for making.   It went through many iterations on paper, but one idea remained consistent--that the seat will float and be framed within the front and side rails of the chair. From the back, the seat will be very thin...for some reason, I just imagine it will be cool.  Leather, felt or upholstery will be used for cushioning.  The chair will look something like it does in the drawings/mock up...any differences are not mistakes, but happy accidents.

 

The most important drawing (despite all the wrinkles) is the full size drawing of the chair.  Not normally possible with most furniture, it's actually pretty easy to draw a life-size chair on a reasonably sized piece of paper.  So that's what I did.  Normally, professional drawings would also include a top and front view, but I think I did enough drafting in architecture school...I'm ready to build!