5.01.2014

Announcement and Sneak Preview

Consistent with most of my blogging, I am late to posting and this time...it's time sensitive.  Tomorrow, May 2, I am putting on a First Friday show at Delmarette Cafe!  

The show is a selection of furniture pieces made over the last two years displayed in this rather small coffee shop.  Also included are a number of sketches of my work pre-construction.  The drawings will remain for the remainder of May, but the furniture will be on view for one night only...as Delmarette will need their space again for serving up crescents and doing business.  So come on Friday if you can, or visit later to view the sketches and get a cookie...best chocolate chip cookies around.

Here's the flyer:


Those are growth rings by the way, tree growth rings...which I immediately get.  But then again, I deal with wood every day...and I also drew it.  Hopefully, it made sense to most people that aren't me.

Here are a few pictures of the prep work this past week.  I've been pretty busy trying to get everything ready for the show...has required a lot of to-do lists.  I had Max make my frames for me (great idea), so I was able to scratch that easily off my list.  Cost me a little more than a burrito this time, but it was worth it...he did a great job.  Thanks Max!




That's a lot of empty frames at the moment, but everything will be done for Friday...so see you there!  Unless you live in El Salvador or somewhere far away like that, and then I'll just post pictures of the show later...and probably a few days late.